Friday 15 February 2013

bbc trip review/evaluation


I think the bbc trip went well for me, even though I was really nervous before it happened that I would screw up big time luckily that never happened although I did mess up a few times, I've learnt a lesson from that to be more careful. I was actually dreading the trip I only decided to go because amber wanted me to and I'm glad I did go it was a brilliant opportunity to gain some experience with cameras and besides that it was fun.

What went well for me was when we were actually filming I somehow managed to hear what shots I needed to get through the either very loud or very quiet headphone thing I had on which was annoying me, I ignored it because in the middle of a recording was not the time to start complaining. Also in the end I sussed out which way to zoom in and done it almost perfectly during the recording.

What I would have improved on was the focus part on the camera was confusing me I would have asked more questions on the parts I was stuck on instead of trying to solve everything on my own, that’s probably the main reason I kept messing up. I think if I’d known how fun the day was going to be I would have been less shy at the start about sharing ideas.

What I liked about the day was that we got to work in a cool studio and work real cameras, it’s not every day you get to go to a professional studio and practice recording on cameras.

What I didn’t like on the day was the walk to the studio, especially how the weather was anyway it luckily wasn’t raining but it was wet and cold. Also we had to stand up to work the camera, my legs were hurting when we finished and then we had to walk back to Hewett with almost no sit down time before we went.

I learnt a lot on the day about how the cameras work, how they switch cameras, how the camera people know what shots to get and I also got to meet some new people. I've seen behind the scenes in the bbc on TV before but it was a lot more interesting being there in person rather than sitting on the sofa eating crisps watching some guy saying how this and that works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment